PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT FINANCE IN SOUTH AFRICA
086 000 8843 (TUHF)
Welcome to TUHF
TUHF specialises in financing property development projects in South Africa’s inner cities. We provide access to funding for the purchase, and subsequent conversion or refurbishment of buildings in the inner cities – as well as in-city areas that are near major city centres – in urban decline. Our property development finance options are designed to create access to opportunities for property entrepreneurs with a passion and aptitude for managing affordable rental housing projects, but who may not be able to enter the market through traditional finance vehicles.
By providing finance for commercial property development, we enable people from all walks of life to create and grow property portfolios that deliver affordable residential units where they are most needed. We also provide support, guidance and risk management for new entrepreneurs, supporting them as their businesses mature.
Find an existing building or site for a new building
Do your research by gathering information to prepare for your meeting with a TUHF Consultant
PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT FINANCE OPTIONS
TUHF is one of only a few property investment companies in South Africa that focuses on inner-city and in-city projects that stimulate urban regeneration and renewal. Our specialist and unparalleled knowledge of the city shapes the way we provide finance for commercial property.
TUHF offers a single loan facility over 15 years for either acquisition or development, or both.
- A Single loan facility over 15 years for acquisition and development
- Prime- or Jibar-Linked interest rate
- Once-off raising fee
- No monthly service fees
- Financial structuring such as grace periods to accommodate the property development and tenanting stages
By providing versatile finance for commercial property development to entrepreneurs who share our passion for unearthing potential in buildings and areas that others underestimate, we achieve our vision of impact through scale. Because of our unique ability spot potential, we are one of the few property investment companies in South Africa who focus on empowering property entrepreneurs in the inner cities to develop affordable rental housing space that meets the needs of inner-city residents. In so doing, we invigorate the microeconomies surrounding our buildings as we empower our clients to catalyse the regeneration of our neighbourhoods and communities.
Our property development finance options are available for:
Finance for the acquisition of the property only. No construction or refurbishment finance necessary.
Finance for the acquisition of the property including construction work thereafter.
Finance for refurbishment or a new build project. No acquisition finance necessary.
Finance for the conversion of office space or light industrial to residential. No acquisition finance necessary.
A loan against increased or residual value of your existing property towards the improvement or purchase of a property.
An increase on an existing loan or release of a third party bondholder of the property.
Apply to TUHF for finance
- Equity contribution determined by project feasibility – see IEF for assistance on Equity contribution (conditions apply and you must have some contribution to the deal)
- A signed Offer to Purchase/Deed of Sale
- FICA Documents
- have equity contribution towards a project
- have an honest and reliable character
- know the inner city
- have the property management skills and network of contacts for their project’s size
- can provide good customer service and firm credit control
- are proud of owning well-maintained, clean buildings
- will make sufficient profit
- have the interests of urban regeneration at heart
- are in major city centres that are in urban decline
- are close to schools, transport systems and places of work
- are economically sustainable – able to generate sufﬁcient income to repay expenses, as well as service the loan and make a proﬁt
- will upgrade buildings in the selected inner city area providing affordable and decent residential rental units
- have a positive effective on the areas in which they are based
Meet the conditions of the approval & sign loan agreement.
Registration of property takes place & construction starts
Construction complete, rent up and cyclical processes